We’ll be bringing you regular news updates, as well as the latest coronavirus news from around the region and across the UK.
Last updated: Tuesday, 11 August, 2020, 09:39
- Over night thunderstorms sweep across Lancashire
- Some localised flooding in place
- Labour calls for more Government cash for areas like Preston with extra Covid restrictions
These are the Lancashire train delays and road closures due to flooding this morning
Many will be waking up to flooding in Lancashire this morning, following stormy weather overnight.
These are the confirmed road closures this morning:
– A585 Fleetwood Road, Thistleton – Both ways blocked, slow traffic due to flooding from Thistleton Road to M55 J3 (Kirkham). Travel time is around 15 minutes. Severe rain overnight has caused sudden flooding and a number of vehicles are stuck, affecting traffic between the Windy Harbour Traffic Lights and the M55.
– A584 Lytham Road – Both ways blocked, slow traffic due to flooding between West End Lane and Lodge Lane. Traffic is slow due to surface water along this stretch.
– Lentworth Drive Scotforth, Lancaster – Both ways blocked due to flooding from Barton Road to Hala Square. Diversion in place for bus service 100.
– Lawson Road, Thornton – Road inaccessible due to severe flooding, both ways blocked.
You can find the full report here.
High streets could be like ghost towns, says Labour, if Government cash isn’t forthcoming.
Covid areas like Preston need extra cash help to avoid a ‘tsunami’ of business closures and job losses, says Labour
Labour has called for more Government cash for areas like Preston where extra Covid restrictions have had to be brought in to tackle a spike in cases – read more
Did the storms keep you awake last night?
Thunder and lightning captured by readers as overnight storms raged over Lancashire
An incredible light show and thumping rain swept across Lancashire in the early hours of this morning (Tuesday, August 11, 2020) as thunderstorms hit the region – watch all the clips here
A585 Fleetwood Road closed near M55 due to flooding
The A585 Fleetwood Road in the Fylde has been closed due to flooding this morning (Monday, August 11) – Full story
There is also some travel disruption this morning
This was Monday’s news…
This is where every case was recorded in the North West
Coronavirus in the North West: This is every confirmed case in the North West on Monday, August 10, 2020
A further 311 people have tested positive in the North West since Friday, bringing the region’s total number of cases to 48,129 as of Monday, August 10, 2020 – Full list
Look out if you are heading this way
Blackpool RNLI was called at 10.30pm yesterday to reports of potential emergencies at both North and South Pier
Pair of waders found on Blackpool coast sparked late-night sea search
A pair of waders found on Blackpool beach sparked a late-night search of the coast – read more
Latest on the recycling plant fire
Firefighters from Lancaster and Morecambe have been tackling a fire at a three-storey building since the early hours of this morning.
Emergency services were called to reports of a fire in a commercial building on Ovangle Road, Lancaster just after 1pm.
The aerial ladder support unit arrived at around 2pm, bringing the total number of units at the scene to six, as firefighters continued to battle the blaze.
Due to the large amount of smoke, residents were advised to keep all windows and doors closed.
Residents have since been told they can now safely open windows and doors.
Two crews are still at the scene monitoring for hot spot areas and damping down using hose reel jets – Full story